Monday, March 19, 2012

A New Start

For most quitting a job is unheard of, irresponsible and well, just plain crazy!  Well, I did it!  A week ago I quit my job, and quite frankly, I don't regret it.  It was a grueling and very stressful job.  And it was starting to take its toll on me.  I was turning into an emotional wreck!  It was like having PMS all the time!  I worked for a construction company and I was a project coordinator.  I was responsible for getting the bids for the jobs from the subcontractors.  Sounds easy, huh?  It wasn't.  The pressure was on, daily.  And this company was bidding on numerous projects at the same time.  I just couldn't hack the pressure anymore.  I guess you could say I cracked under pressure.  Finally, my husband told me to quit the job.  And he told me to start pursuing my writing career!  Aaaaaaack!  I was thrilled, and scared.  This is it.  It's time to get this thing going.  So where do I start?

Well, on the second day of my new life I twisted my back the wrong way.  Big ouch!  Turns out I pinched a nerve and slipped a disc.  Ugh!  After a couple of days of almost unbearable pain, my husband made an appointment for me with our chiropractor.  Crack!  Snap!  Pop!  Then I started to tell my chiropractor about how I'm trying to become published and he offered to help me.  Turns out his sister works for a local publication.  In fact, she's the editor for it.  He said he'll email her to introduce me and then I'm on my own.  OMG!  This is really happening!

Life has a funny way of turning things around.  Here I am out of work with crippling back pain and my chiropractor is the first ticket to possibly getting published.  What's up with that?

Lesson learned:  Open your mouth!  You never know who you're talking to and who they know!

No comments:

Post a Comment